- 1.Recognize what triggers stress for you and how you handle stress.
- If changes are necessary, change one behavior at a time.
- Identify how you would like to honor yourself, friends & family during the season.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Let others help plan and organize activities.
- Set a spending limit.
- Take care of yourself.
- Considering taking care of others by volunteering.
- Curb your drinking since it increases feelings of depression.
- Seek support from friends and family if needed.
If these tips do not work for you, or if you feel that your depression and/or anxiety is not just related to the holiday season, please contact a local professional for assistance.