Everyone needs to be noticed and appreciated.
In honor of National Compliment Day, are you willing to take the challenge to give yourself at least 10 compliments to yourself?
So many of us either ignore the positive we do on a daily basis, don’t believe we add to the world (small or big) or believe we are worthy. Focus on noticing the positives you create in the day, as well as the wonderful characteristics you see! (If that is difficult, consider what someone else might say to you.)
You can also make sure to give at least 5 compliments to others. Find a way to show appreciate. This makes us feel seen, heard and important.
Some examples include:
- If someone gives you a gift/present – “Your card made me smile.”
- Someone’s character – “You’re willingness to be vulnerable encourages me to do the same.”
- A way someone has helped – “I appreciate your help.” Or “I love the way you handled (that). It turned out great!”
- Taking on a leadership or service role – “I appreciate all the hard work you do to make (this) successful.”
- Time together – “thank you for making plans to get together. That makes me feel important.”
What are your thoughts about giving compliments to yourself and others?
Can you think of other types of compliments?