I hope you are doing well and managing your anxiety and boredom during the stay-at-home order.
If you are not aware, the Governor’s stay-at-home order put in place this past Saturday, March 21st, identify
Mental Health providers as essential
This means I am still in the office conducting some face-to-face sessions.
At the same time, I have spent the past week tending to the extensive “to do” list getting ready to provide telepsychology.
This means the ability to conduct sessions securely and safely while still protecting your rights to confidentiality.
Over the past week, I have:
- Followed the Health Care Reimbursement Committee of the Illinois Psychology Association through our list-serve. They worked tirelessly to ensure telepsychology benefits would be paid through various insurance companies. We all appreciate their hard work and availability to keep psychologists up-to-date so we can provide ethical and confidential services to our patients.
- I have individually confirmed coverage for each patient.
- I have confirmed updated billing codes to use, which will make sure they are reimbursed properly.
- I confirmed compliance with, and coverage through, my liability insurance company.
- I have completed over 12 hours of training on telepsychology and the steps to take in order to provide HIPAA compliant, confidential services.
- I created a special Informed Consent form for the use of telepsychology.
- Finally, I researched and chose a HIPAA compliant platform to use to conduct sessions. I am excited to see how easy it will be for you all.
All of this means
as of today, I will transition my practice to telepsychology
to do my part in creating a safe environment for all.
I want to thank all of your for your patience while I set this up and for working through any snafu’s that comes up while we all get used to using the appropriate technology.
If you know of anyone who would benefit from help during this time of crisis and/or hade pre-existing concerns, please reach out and let them know help is available. I love doing my part in helping folks reach optimal mental, physical, relational and emotional health.
Thank you and have a good day!